SUBRAMANYA KUSNUR – Founder Chairman & CEO
Subramanya, 44, is a Graduate in Science from the University of Mumbai and holds a Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Software and Applications. He started his career with CANFINA, a wholly owned subsidiary of Canara Bank, a leading Indian Public Sector Bank and subsequently moved to the private sector in the area of Equity Broking, Debt Market Operations, Resource Mobilization and Structured finance. He then leveraged his experience in the BFSI segment to the IT arena where his experience spans from e--‐business strategies to Enterprise Banking Software, Enterprise Risk Management and Payment Systems. He was also involved in developing a comprehensive strategy for a nationwide project enabling financial inclusion of rural masses leveraging a Mobile Transaction Platform. He brings in rich experience of over 22 years in the BFSI, IT & Public Affairs spanning through both Public & Private Sector, domestically and internationally. Subramanya has worked with major corporations such as Rolta India Ltd., TCG Group, Vaman Technologies R&D Ltd., C-¬‐SAM (company promoted by SAM PITRODA) and the Financial Technologies Group. He was Managing Director & CEO of the Riskraft Consulting Ltd., a subsidiary of the Financial Technologies Group and Head – Strategic Initiatives, Financial Technologies Group. As Managing Director & CEO of Riskraft Consulting Ltd, he has advised the Government of Mauritius in several areas. He has set up a comprehensive Risk Based Supervision Framework for the Financial Services Commission of Mauritius which regulates the non banking sector. He was also instrumental in setting up the Global Board of Trade., (GBOT), a pan African multi asset class exchange addressing equities, debt, currency & commodities in Mauritius. He was also Advisor to Financial Technologies (I) Ltd and the Multi Commodity Exchange (MCX). Subramanya present engagements are; Member of the reconstituted Board of Directors of the National Spot Exchange Ltd (NSEL) ,Director of atom technologies ltd., an integrated payment solutions enterprise, Advisor – Strategic Alliances & International Affairs of Suburban Diagnostics Pvt Ltd., NABL Accredited Clinical Laboratory. Subramanya during his career has had the privilege of working with Industry leaders and also has the credit of having advised International Governments on Risk Management and Financial Markets. Subramanya Honored with GOVERNOR’s CITATION for leadership in promoting trade and investment an sister state relations between India & Maryland by the Hon’ble Robert Leroy "Bob" Ehrlich, Jr., Governor of State of Maryland, in 2004 The Hon’ble Martin O’Malley, Governor of State of Maryland, USA honored Subramanya with a Global Leadership Award on November 20, 2008. He was also conferred upon the coveted title of “GOODWILL AMBASSADOR OF THE STATE OF MARYLAND” in recognition of promoting bilateral and cultural relations between India and Maryland. Subramanya was also honored with by a “Global Kannadiga Award” by the Kannada Welfare Society, Mumbai, INDIA Subramanya has travelled extensively across rural India and has a keen focus of serving the public with issues relating to Children Welfare, Public Health & Water, Alternate Energy, Rural and Sustainable Development and International Bilateral Relationships
C SRIDHAR – Director – Enterprise Governance
Mr. C.Sridhar Over three decades of work experience in areas of banking, funds management, investments and stock broking. This includes a 12 year tenure as CEO of a stock brokerage house of repute
DR AVINASH KADAM – Director -TechnologY
Dr. Avinash M. Kadam has a varied background from the various disciplines of science and technology. He holds Masters in Environmental Science from Mumbai University with meritorious credentials. He did M. Tech course work in Environmental Science & Engineering from IIT Bombay and then obtained his Ph.D. in the field of waste water from Chemical Engineering Dept., IIT Bombay. Dr. Avinash has number of research papers in the reputed journals in the field of Environmental Engineering. He also has 5 years of teaching experience in Masters Programme (M.Sc.) in Environmental Science.His area of expertise is in the wastewater treatment & recycling – domestic & Industrial and drinking water treatment for special contaminants removal. Dr. Kadam has executed major projects in the area of wastewater recycling & drinking water for which he has received accolades. He has extensive experience in conceptualization, design and project management and has the distinction of successfully executing projects in the remotest parts of the country under testing conditions.
NEERAV MEHTA – Director - Projects & Operations
Mr.Neerav Mehta Architect by profession with over 24 years of experience of designing Industrial buildings for various industries like pharmaceutical, chemical, agro, automobile, engineering etc.
1. AQUATO is a next generation Sanitation Solution basedon GREEN TECHNOLOGY
2. AQUATOis designed in such a fashion that it operates on the principle of gravity and hence requires very limited or no power
3. AQUATO is easy to maintain / manage and even a school peon can be trained to handle the same.We will also be involving Self Help Groups especially managed by women in case of large concentration of implementations in a relative catchment area.
4. AQUATO can also function on a “PAY PER USE “ Model through a card based prepaid payment system in case of Community level interventions
Pricing & Costs
The capital cost of one AQUATOis Rs. 54,000/- (to be funded by CSR initiatives) *
AMC Rs. 4500/- per annum (to be funded by CSR) *
The above price does not include the following: -
- 1.Building Toilet Structure (Brick Wall, Prefab etc.)
- 2.Security grilled cage as per actuals
- 3.Electrical & Water Connection charges
- 4.Any other onsite costs as per requirement
- 5.Customization costs based on requirement and scope
- 6.AMC does not include the cost of operator and covers Bio Process related consumables only
- 7.All cost relating to piping and related consumables are not included in the AMC and are as per actuals
10 Point Comparison between Conventional Toilets and AQUATO
Features Conventional Toilet AQUATO Technology Septic Tank and Frequent waste management Powered By SBT Technology
Modular approach with a common bio reactor powering several toilets in series /parallel
Process Aerobic Bacteria which requires repeat dosing & aeration Bio Process
Dose not require any dosing or aeration
Waste Waste collections, disposal and offsite treatment at designated place by transportation Waste managed onsite and no disposal & logistics 30% decomposition of excretory waste 98% decomposition of waste Power Dependent on Power No Power required, Designed on Gravity Sludge Heavy Sludge hazardous for environment No sludge formation at all Water recycling Nil 98% Surroundings Shabby & Dirty with Heavy Odor / Stench Green & Pleasant, odor free Maintenance Very Intensive, Multilevel, Multi frequent Very limited, Once in 12 – 18 months TCO Very High Highly Economical Sustainability Very Low as dependent on multiple factors Highly Sustainable with very limited or practically no dependency factors
1. AQUATM is an intelligent water vending machine, which purifies water based on the chemistry of the raw water and vends the same in a process controlled and automated fashion.
2. AQUATM aims to democratize water across India by providing to vend water at the most reasonable rates, i.e., Re 1/- or Rs 2/- per litre. AQUATM will be connected to an existing borewell or any other source of water and can vend upto 5000 litres of water everyday.
3. AQUATM uses the green technologies to treat various contaminants across bacteria, arsenic, fluoride etc
4. Water Quality delivered will meet Drinking Water Standards prescribed by GOI, WHO
5. The average minimum life of each AQUATM is around 5 years.
6. AQUATM is very simple and we will train local / village level plumbers operate & maintain the systems. Our approach is to identify and engage a local level person who will be responsible for the smooth running of our system. This not only leads to post implementation support but also generates local employment.
7. We will also be involving Self Help Groups especially managed by women in case of large concentration of implementations in a relative catchment area.
8. A card based prepaid payment system will be used to vend water
1. Clean Drinking Water will be sold at Re 1 per litre
2. Cold Clean Drinking Water will be sold at Rs 1.50 per litre
3. The sale proceeds will be distributed between the Operator, Prepaid Card Service provider, and Aquakraft.
4. Consumer has to carry his / her own container
5. Prepaid Water cards will be issued to consumer only through which water will be sold
Pricing & Costs
The capital cost of one AQUATM treating bacteria with a capacity of 1000 litres per day is Rs. 360,000/- (to be funded by CSR initiatives) *
AMC Rs. 72000/- per annum (to be funded by CSR) *
The above price does not include the following :-
1. Site Preparation, Installation & Commissioning costs
2. Building security grilled cage as per actuals
3. Electrical & Water Connection charges
4. Any other onsite costs as per requirement
5. Customization costs based on requirement
and scope * Capital Cost and AMC for contaminants other than bacteria like fluoride, arsenic etc., will be different and as per the chemistry of raw water
Features and Performance Attributes
1. Highly effective at removing multiple target contaminants at the same time
2. Cost Effective Operating & Treatment system regardless of size
3. Can treat from 500 lpd to 25000 lpd or more as per requirement.
4. Modular Design provides flexibility as treatment requirements change with inbuilt scalability
5. Minimal floor space required (foot print)
Children are the future of our country and clean drinking & sanitation is their fundamental right. Inspired by your vision we have in our own humble way conceptualized a program called SWACHHAGRAHA.,an integrated Sanitation & Clean Drinking Water Program aimed at powering schools in general and rural schools in particular with a Drinking Water Systems and Toilet set based on the requirement. SWACHH is an acronym for Sanitation &Water for Children Health &Hygiene.
ISKCON Food Relief Foundation
ISKCON Food Relief Foundation (IFRF), which is offering Mid Day Meals to over 1.2 million children everyday is our partner in SWACHHAGRAHA where we are providing Drinking Water & Toilets at schools addressed by them.
SWACHHAGRAHA is a revolution which aims to transform child development by providing Clean Drinking Water, Clean Toilets, Mid Day Meals and monitoring health on a continous basis thereby attempting to create a healthy INDIA. The same is supplemented by a integrated student information system which enable issuance of a unique student identity card through which they can access Water, Toilets, Mid Day Meals and other related elements.Impact Assessment & Monitoring, done through a continous engagement program, is an integral part to ensure sustainability and monitor impact. SWACHHAGRAHA is proposed to be funded by donors across Corporates under their CSR initiatives, NRI’s, HNI’s, NGO’s Trusts etc., who have to pledge their commitment for 5 years minimum. Donors will be pre qualified on well-defined qualification criteria.
Undertaking continuous R&D in emerging and existing contamination issues relating to Drinking Water, Waste Water. Additionally, addressing issues related to water for Agriculture, Poultry & Animal Husbandry
Incubating R & D undertaken by researchers specific to heavy metals, bacteria and salinity
To research the use of biotechnology tools to address various contaminations To identify and aggregate treatment protocols which are green in nature
Setting up of testing infrastructure at the grass root and last mile level Create an effective testing, monitoring and reporting platform for regular reporting of water quality
Create Cluster based monitoring hubs for aggregating data and reporting variation Create grass root level testing protocols to promote awareness of water quality testing
Integrating reporting and monitoring mechanism using GSM
GIS based application will be developed capturing spatial & terrestrial data in an integrated fashion A data warehouse with a dynamic Logical Data Model will be created and data point will be integrated on a continuous basis
Use of statistical models and tools will be used for pattern recognition and forecasting A Monitoring and Governing Dashboard will be created for effective governance
A 24X7 call centre alongwith a toll free number will be set up for concurrent support on water and water quality issues
A bank on the same lines as the prudential banking conventions replacing WATER with CURRENCY as a negotiable instrument
Local Self Government, Community ad other prevalent grass root level Institutional networks will be part of the same.
It will be based on a hub and spoke model with the hub being the regulating and settlement authority
Allocation of water will be done by a hub to each spoke with incumbent utilization and conservation norms
Build capacity at the vocational level by imparting training into Water Resource Management, Rain Water harvesting, Ground Water Recharging, Water Quality Management, Water Epidemic Control
Integrated and water management specific curriculum should be created at the undergraduate and post graduate levels leading to professional human capacity specializing the said subject
Create workshops and training programs at the village and the panchayat level
Advocating DRINKING WATER as a part of CSR policy & channelizing CSR obligations into Drinking Water
Creating Drinking Water programs based on the geography of intervention Survey, Need Analysis & demand Defining the scope, Project Management, Project Delivery & Commissioning
Defining Impact parameters, impact monitoring & impact assessment Implementing a monitoring and reporting framework for reporting and compliance
A thought leadership initiative aimed at building an aquaCOMMUNITY who based on consultation of key stakeholders like Corporates, Government, Consumers, NGO's and activists will aim to generate consensus on principles of water use, management & governance
Creating an aquaCHARTER that will articulate a common set of principles on how water and water ecology should be managed and conserved Organizing round tables and discussions forums
A monthly newsletter creating advocacy about WATER as a precious commodity News and information on various initiatives across India and the world on Clean and Safe Drinking Water
aquaXPERT, a subject matter specialist views on a topical matter of choice or demand aquaUSER, a consumers views on water and experience
aquaSKOOL, children's water views
Our LocationAquakraft Projects Pvt. Ltd.
A/3, Parle Colony, Sahakar Road,
Behind Gokul Arcade, Vile Parle (East),
Mumbai - 400 057.
Mobile No. (+91) 986 987 0769 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Who we are
Guiding PrinciplesDriven By Knowledge
- Know the problem
- Need Analysise
- Optimize Information & Data
- Weigh Options
- Leverage Resources
- Engineer Solutions
- Develop Customized Treatment Protocols
- Ground Handling & Site Preparation
- Execution & Commissioning
Who we are
Aquakraft Projects Pvt Ltd., is a next generation for profit social enterprise with an aim to provide clean drinking water to one and all. Aquakraft's mission is to create, manufacture and deliver the highest quality water filtration and purification products for our customers. We will provide excellent value at a fair price with guaranteed performance and courteous service. We will always endeavor to be a world leader in providing wide-ranging and cost-effective water treatment solutions. Together, our dedicated staff and managers will build a profitable and growing company while practicing unsurpassed stewardship of the world's most precious resource, water.
Aquakraft has a strong vision and can profitably provide, even in economically challenged regions of the world, simple, low-cost, yet effective water filtration and purification products, systems and services. The first step in achieving this goal is examining the raw or source water that is intended for drinking.
Guiding PrinciplesPowered by Innovation
- Mapping Incidences
- Characterizing existing & emerging problems
- Identifying hazards & risks from catchment to consumer
- Analyze solution options & Choose course of action
- Define basis for design & Intervention Strategy
- Execution and Commissioning
- Defining Impact parameters & Assessment methodology
- Validation of Processes & Review / Monitoring of data
- Final Impact Assessment